I am María Teresa Bello, I teach Spanish as a Foreign and as a Second Language. First of all, I enrolled in English Spanish Translation, at Instituto Santo Tomás in Concepción. Then I studied Lingua e Cultura Italiana at University of Concepción. In addition, I took a degree in English Pedagogy at Universidad del Desarrollo, in Chile as well.
- Languages You Speak
- English Spanish
- Languages You Learn
- Universidad del Desarrollo, Chile
- Please introduce yourself by sharing the information: why are you interested in learning languages and what is your major motivation; you may write about you as a personality, mentioning your main life achievements and goals; any other interesting information about you, which you would like to share will be appreciated. NOTE: You may write in different languages, so that different language speakers can read and understand the text.
Hi, I am María!
I love languages. I keen on learning any languages because i would like to know a variety of cultures, its history, people and places. Nowadays, my objectives are to deep my second language, make new friends, have a wonderful journey with my husband and to be a good teacher. If i had to describe myself, i consider myself as an enthusiastic person, hardworking, passionate, and joy.
Hola, soy María!
Me encantan los idiomas, estoy interesada en aprender cualquier idioma porque me gustaría aprender distintas culturas, su historia, personas y lugares. Hoy en día, mis objetivos son profundizar mi segunda lengua, hacer nuevos amigos, hacer un viaje maravilloso con mi marido y ser una buena profesora. Si tuviera que describirme, me considero una persona entusiasta, trabajadora, apasionada y alegre.
Ciao sono María!
Amo le lingue, mi interessa imparare qualsiasi lingua perché mi piacerebbe imparare diverse culture, la loro storia, le persone e i posti. Oggi, i miei obiettivi sono di approfondire la mia seconda lingua, fare nuove amicizie, fare un meraviglioso viaggio con mio marito ed essere un buon insegnante. Se dovessi descrivere me stesso, mi considero una persona entusiasta, laboriosa, appassionata e allegra.
- How did you know about LONET?
- other source
- Languages You Teach
- Please write about your methods and tools, which you use during teaching practice. You may explain why do you like teaching and mention why learners should chose you as their Teacher. Please describe structure of your lessons and explain to your potential learners what are the benefits of your methodology. You may add other details concerning your teaching practice and experience, which you consider essential and interesting. You may upload a plan of your lesson, as an example, or mention the major topics/context/material your lessons are based on. You are welcome to share any other information about you as a personality and character features, which describe you as a good language Teacher.
My name is María Teresa Bello. I live in Chile.
First of all, i have a meeting to my students to know them. Then, my students are diagnosed to grammar, reading skill and finally they do an interview. According to that, I get basically the information about my students Spanish level and eventually I design a study plan for them. That is the first approach. After doing the diagnostic, students are able to understand what are they going to do. In other words, I tell them what are we going to do such as improve speaking, grammar, if they want any certification, and so on.
Context is crucial in the sense of communicating. I prepare material based on everyday life. I try to teach Spanish using everyday language. However, It depends on what the students need. When I teach Spanish as a Foreign Language, on a group, I use Task-Based Learning Approach and Communicative Approach, and when I work one to one, I focus on language, give my students feedback, speaking practice correct my students mistakes if i find out one. I provide feedback by the end of the lesson, because students need to be focus on, and feedback, in my personal opinion, does not have to interrupt when the students trying to communicating something.
- Please shortly write about your professional background, certification and teaching experience. Indicate the age groups and levels you teach. What is your specialization, the strongest professional points and major professional achievements.
- I have been teaching Spanish for so long. So I decided study Pedagogy, because i badly needed to complement it to my mother tongue for teaching it more comfortably. As a result of that, I have had the opportunity to teach people from USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Finland, Syria, Iran and Russia.
- Introduction Video URL
- I agree that my personal data, including my profile photo, video and other information listed in my profile page will be used for marketing purposes and for advertising on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
- I Agree
- I would like to receive reminder 24 hours before lesson
- I would like to receive reminder 1 hour before lesson