Yelena here, greeting all fellow fascinated wanderers amidst the global (mis)communication.
I am fluent in two languages, my native Russian and English. Yes, I am one of many who struggled with English spelling&grammar. Oh, THE bane of Russian students, those confounding articles... It was hard and boring. At first. Did not grasp all that on my second try either. Yet love and effort conquer all.
Now I know the way, how to go about learning a language, how to boost motivation, get results, keep improving. And enjoy the fruits of your effort.
Does it make sense to you? Hopefully, my writings are intelligible enough. Thank you for reading my excited ramblings, by the way. So, if by any chance you feel similar pains in the arduous process of language learning... ok, I'll just ask.
ЯRussian gives you trouble? IF so, THEN let me guide you into the vast world of our delightfully difficult language. Here be declensions, but fear not! We can use some backdoors...
Now, a bit more about me for those who can read Russian, yay.
Люблю говорить и думать на трёх языках. Сейчас лучше всего это получается на русском, усвоенным с детства, и на английском, который работать и жить помогает. Однако северную погоду нашу точнее и лучше всего величать ласковыми карельскими словами! Жду в уютном скайпе. Tervehytty teile. Здоровья вам.
- Russian Federation
- Languages You Speak
- English English (US) Russian
- Languages You Learn
- Russian Tutor, Tour Guide, Translator, Interpreter
- History & Archives, PetrSU
- Please introduce yourself by sharing the information: why are you interested in learning languages and what is your major motivation; you may write about you as a personality, mentioning your main life achievements and goals; any other interesting information about you, which you would like to share will be appreciated. NOTE: You may write in different languages, so that different language speakers can read and understand the text.
Hello, world! Yelena speaking.
Early on, at an age of four or so, I had an epiphany: people speak different languages and don't understand each other that well! That led to my life-long infatuation with linguistics and language learning.
As a graduated Historian and tour guide, I studied at Petrozavodsk State University, Solovetsky Museum-Reserve and the Kizhi State open-air museum.
Since 2016, I teach Russian as a foreign language and give tours for English-speaking tourists who come to Northern European Russia from all over the planet. Also, my biggest aspiration now is to learn Karelian language to such an extent that I become capable of teaching it, even at a basic level. It would be great to help ensure a brighter future for the language of my ancestors, creators of immortal "Kalevala".
Russian is my first language, and as my English fluency is quite sufficient, I'd love to share my knowledge. Even if I have some experience of teaching Russian to Chinese and Indian students, it would be most beneficial if you speak English at least a little. Thank you for reading this, and let us learn more together!
- How did you know about LONET?
- other source
- Languages You Teach
- Please write about your methods and tools, which you use during teaching practice. You may explain why do you like teaching and mention why learners should chose you as their Teacher. Please describe structure of your lessons and explain to your potential learners what are the benefits of your methodology. You may add other details concerning your teaching practice and experience, which you consider essential and interesting. You may upload a plan of your lesson, as an example, or mention the major topics/context/material your lessons are based on. You are welcome to share any other information about you as a personality and character features, which describe you as a good language Teacher.
Russian is my first language, I am also fluent in English and beginning to learn my grandmother's tongue, Lyydi Karelian. Learning languages is my passion which I am happy to share with other language learners. So let us help each other in these wonderful times of instant voice communication all over the planet! My main tools are Skype, WhatsApp, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and a bit of SonyVegas, Adobe After Effects, VirtualDub and such apps where I can make short videos with subtitles.
Thank you for reading this and have a very successful day!
- Please shortly write about your professional background, certification and teaching experience. Indicate the age groups and levels you teach. What is your specialization, the strongest professional points and major professional achievements.
- I am a certified tour guide&interpreter for English-speaking travelers in Karelia, with a diploma in History&Archives, and the highest rating in English postgraduate exam.
Now I help people learn Russian History and language as a tutor online.
- I agree that my personal data, including my profile photo, video and other information listed in my profile page will be used for marketing purposes and for advertising on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
- I Agree
- I would like to receive reminder 24 hours before lesson
- I would like to receive reminder 1 hour before lesson