- Languages You Speak
- Armenian English English (US)
- Languages You Learn
- Chinese German
- Master Degree
- Please introduce yourself by sharing the information: why are you interested in learning languages and what is your major motivation; you may write about you as a personality, mentioning your main life achievements and goals; any other interesting information about you, which you would like to share will be appreciated. NOTE: You may write in different languages, so that different language speakers can read and understand the text.
It is already 18 years I have been teaching English. I worked at Education Center and at Online School as an English teacher and as an education manager. The main responsibilities of my position were the following: to organize schedule for each student both at Education Center and at Online School , follow the progress of each student. I usually prepared tests for the students in order to check their progress of English. At weekends I usually organized clubs to develop their speech, during these speaking clubs we spoke about different topics. And also in good weather I organized clubs in the open air where they could talk about nature and all the topics they were interested in. Why I chose club in nature or in parks because being out of classrooms walls they could reduce tension and just be themselves.
While online classes I prefer to pay attention on developing oral speach so I choose topics to speak about.
I have good communication skills, I am enthusiastic and motivated at learning new skills. I have a strong sense of responsibility that is the most important part in every sphere.
- How did you know about LONET?
- found on social networks
- Languages You Teach
- Armenian English
- Please write about your methods and tools, which you use during teaching practice. You may explain why do you like teaching and mention why learners should chose you as their Teacher. Please describe structure of your lessons and explain to your potential learners what are the benefits of your methodology. You may add other details concerning your teaching practice and experience, which you consider essential and interesting. You may upload a plan of your lesson, as an example, or mention the major topics/context/material your lessons are based on. You are welcome to share any other information about you as a personality and character features, which describe you as a good language Teacher.
- I am Monica Yeghshatyan. I am an English specialist. I have been working as an English teacher for 18 years. I work both direct and via skype. I have also wworked as an education manager in language centers. In 2016-2017 I was working in Moscow in Skill Set English Center as an English teacher.
Now I would like to speak about the structure f my online lesson:
If a student is aged 10-14 I use grammar books, reading and of course listenings. During the lesson I use Power Point to explain grammar rules of course by sharing the screen, after that practice and explanation of homework-it is the first part of the lesson'' Grammar'', then we start reading special books to improve oral speech depending on the age of a student (published by Pearson, Oxford and others...), after reading a passage we usually do some excercises on it to improve vocabulary, the next stage is answering the questions given to th text or retelling the text, then to develop speaking I use some topics to speak about.
If a student is an adult aged 15 and more:
There are included 4 sections : Writing, Speaking, Reading, Listening. During the lesson we have all these sections and try to speak on topics to improve speaking skills.
I can also provide short video of my online lesson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jaNUe9Yga8&t=1s
- Please shortly write about your professional background, certification and teaching experience. Indicate the age groups and levels you teach. What is your specialization, the strongest professional points and major professional achievements.
- I have graduated from State Pedagogical University, faculty of English, specialized as an English teacher 2014 Propell Workshop for the TOEFL iBt Test
(Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing)
2013 Trainings for teachers organized by Cambridge Professor (teacher trainer)
2013 Trainings for teachers organized by American University
2011/2016 TOEFL course provided by Capacity and Development for Civil Society NGO
The MOOC Course – “Get Organized: How to Become a Together Teacher” by The Rela
- Introduction Video URL
- I agree that my personal data, including my profile photo, video and other information listed in my profile page will be used for marketing purposes and for advertising on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
- I Agree
- I would like to receive reminder 24 hours before lesson
- I would like to receive reminder 1 hour before lesson